Re: web-camera

On Sat, 12 Jun 2021 at 22:06, nia <nia%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:

> On Sat, Jun 12, 2021 at 04:12:32PM +0000, Todd Gruhn wrote:
> > I dont have a camera in my screen (like a laptop would). I have a LogiTech
> > web-cam hooked to my flat-screen, and plugged into a USB port.
> > Would this make a difference?

> > > I use ffplay (playing)/ffmpeg (recording).
>
> No, either way ffplay4 /dev/video0

Pray forgive my ignorance, but where do you get ffplay4 from? it
certainly is not part of multimedia/ffmpeg4, there is even
CONFIGURE_ARGS+=        --disable-ffplay
in the Makefile (but even if you take it out or replace it with
CONFIGURE_ARGS+=        --enable-ffplay it doesn't get built - at
least for me on -current pkgsrc tree.

--
----