Re: Status of syspkg or similar

On Sat, 22 May 2021 17:43:31 +0900
Yuuki Enomoto <uki%e-yuuki.org@localhost> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> > From what I can tell the feature is somewhat unfinished/abandoned?
>
> Yes. "build.sh syspkgs" can create packages. But these may remove
> exist files/directories by install. I think, we should fix it
> completely and/or make sysinst support this for testing.
>
> Sorry, I haven't been able to find the time to work on this for a
> while.

Thanks for the info. From what I understand, there are two separate
packaging systems - traditional NetBSD sets, and syspkgs. The two
systems cannot really co-exist together, so if/when more granular
packaging system is implemented, the sets should be deprecated. The
idea is that build.sh would stop generating sets and only generate new
packages. Whether to use pkgsrc pkg_* tools is a different question, I
personally feel that a much simpler set of tools specifically designed
for base system package management would be a better approach.