Re: NetBSD 9.1 amd64, base X11: garbled display

Based on the PCI DeviceID (0x0f31), this appears to be a "Valleyview
(Baytail)" device (as described in "intel_module.c" in the xf86-video-intel
sources.

This is considered a generation 7.1 device and as such currently defaults
to SNA rather than UXA (gen 3.1-5.0 inclusive).

I suppose we need more data from Atom users to see if this is a common
enough situation to warrant an additional device default to UXA.

As this is a USB-stick installation, I presume you expect to be able to
boot it on any machine you encounter?  Other systems with intel graphics
devices may be just fine with SNA, so you may want to move the "xorg.conf"
aside on those systems.  Of course, you won't know for sure until you
try it each way.

|\ / jdbaker[snail]consolidated[flyspeck]net  OpenBSD            FreeBSD