Re: OS-level virtualization

On Tue, 6 Apr 2021 18:11:52 -0000 (UTC)
christos%astron.com@localhost (Christos Zoulas) wrote:

> Well, kauth does authorization checking, we are talking here about
> providing separate namespaces for different processes (networking,
> filesystem etc.)

Which makes sense for multi-tenancy use cases, i.e. you have
different users/environments with conflicting applications/libraries.
If you are the only user and have root access, then this kind of
partitioning is not really needed. There are all kinds of wacky
solutions built around zones/containers, and they simply encourage
bloat and complexity.