Re: blocklistd: How to keep my dynamic IP from getting blocked

On Sat, Apr 03, 2021 at 08:32:10AM +0200, Martin Husemann wrote:
> I would do a table containing your dynamic IP addresses and then follow
> the npfctl man page's EXAMPLE section, either add the new IP and then rem
> the old, or write to a temp file and replace the whole table.
>
> Then make sure to "pass in final" all packets from IPs in that table
> before the blocklistd rule catches them.

Thanks.

Between these two: 1. Let blocklistd try to block and let npf overrule vs
2. Let blocklistd not block. Isn't the latter more economical?

Rest of the modalities like reloading either of them on IP change seem to
be the same amount of work in either case.

--
Mayuresh