Re: Any package to populate image from raw data?

On Fri, Jan 01, 2021 at 12:34:36AM +0530, Mayuresh wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 31, 2020 at 06:17:13PM -0000, Michael van Elst wrote:
> > 16bit/pixel is rare. Maybe pi-fits can do what you need, it's made
> > for astronomy pictures.
>
> May be medical imaging (X rays in this case) use 16bit, just like
> astronomy. I came across pypng which is supporting 16 bit depth.

Correction. It turns out the 16 bits for dark area are ff0f indicating the
device is actually 12bit with the data having a 4 bit filler.

Thanks for all the replies. I used pypng finally which supports 12 (and
also 16) bit depth. Being in python it integrates directly with my pyusb
based driver.

[Writing a driver solved a major dependency that forced the use of
VirtualBox, Windows XP and a node locked license to a proprietary software
which meant even if I merely changed the VM I'd need to pay license fees
to get it to work.]

--
Mayuresh