Re: cron jobs not running after upgrade from 8.0/1 to 9.1

On Dec 31, 18:58, Mayuresh wrote:
} On Thu, Dec 31, 2020 at 06:44:17AM -0000, Michael van Elst wrote:
} > If you use the -a option, files that weren't modified locally will be
} > changed without prompting. Otherwise you should have seen a confirmation
} > prompt.
}
} I didn't use -a. Must be then my bad of not noticing it. Let's leave it
} then.
}
} Importantly I got to learn about etcupdate and also the issue got solved.
} Thanks for your prompt hint.

     If you use sysinst to update the system, which is the officially
supported way to do it, then sysinst will automatically run
postinstall at the end of the process which would have solved this
problem.  If you don't use sysinst, then you really need to know
a lot more about how everything works.

}-- End of excerpt from Mayuresh