Intraoral camera and sane-pint

I have been maintaining a Virtualbox Windows VM just to operate an
intra-oral X ray device [1] that has Windows-only drivers. Looking for
liberating it from Windows if possible.

On one hand I am using usbmon on Linux to try and figure out the
interactions between the device and the windows virtual host.

I noticed in [1] that it says using TWAIN protocol third party
applications can use that device. There is no Linux or any non Windows
driver available otherwise.

Now TWAIN too is quite Windows specific, but I read about pint which I
thought can deal with TWAIN devices.

I find that sane-find-scanner detects this device, something like

 found USB scanner (vendor=0x082b, product=0x000c) at libusb:001:009

But scanimage -L doesn't detect it.

On NetBSD it is detected as ugen0, hope that is fine. (My other usb
scanners work when detected as ugen.)

In summary:

- Is pint a likely sane-backend that would work with a TWAIN compatible
  image capture device (and that device has no drivers other than Windows).

- How to configure it. I guess it requires creating
  /usr/pkg/etc/sane/pint.conf mentioning the device name. There are
  /dev/ugen0.* devices. How to identify the right one? (And is ugen the
  right device in the first place.)

Thanks for your help.

[1]
https://de.slideshare.net/smokeypike/the-rvg-5200-from-carestream-dental-digital