Re: Mini-PC for NetBSD

Hello Nia and Benny,

Am 08.12.2020 um 17:26 schrieb nia:

The state of acceleration for Intel GPU is "anything up to Kaby Lake works".
That's... 7th generation? 8th?

IIRC a more generic UEFI framebuffer driver is used rather than vesa on modern
x86 hardware rather than vesa. It's not too bad, depending on your workload.

Thank you very much for both your comments on my question. To be on the safe side, I have now decided on a 7th generation NUC (Q3 2017) with Kaby Lake. According to the specification, it has Intel HD Graphics 620 which should be supported. As soon as the device is delivered, I will install NetBSD on it and gladly write a summary of my experience here. Until then, thanks again.

Many greetings
Matthias