Re: NetBSD base gcc & libatomic

On Fri 04 Dec 2020 at 15:42:43 +0100, Riccardo Mottola wrote:
> on x86-32, I noticed our compiler emits calls to atomic functions, but
> does not ship libatomic, which is available only as an "addon" in pkgsrc.
> I think the base compiler should be consistent and either ship libraries
> it uses or do not use.
> Gcc from pkgsrc then is free to pull libatomic in instead.
>
> What do you think?

In pkgsrc-users I posted a mail about compiling
pkgsrc/wip/sdl-hercules-hyperion on NetBSD/i386, where gcc generated
calls to (at least) __sync_fetch_and_add_8 and
__atomic_compare_exchange_8. I installed libatomic from pkgsrc, but it
didn't appear to provide any functions starting with __sync (according
to nm).

-Olaf.
--
Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert -- rhialto at falu dot nl
___  Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on