Re: NetBSD 8 VPS server refusing to reboot: please help

Hello Mayuresh,

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Am 28.11.2020 um 16:05 schrieb Mayuresh:
On Sat, Nov 28, 2020 at 06:51:04PM +0530, Mayuresh wrote:
I accidentally powered off a Hetzner VPS server running NetBSD 8 and it
is refusing to reboot.

Ok, all solved - panic withdrawn! It just required rebooting it a number
of times and arbitrarily once it started. Probably something to do with
arbitrariness of sequence of detecting disks or something else?

thank you very much for your contribution here. I happen to have a similar topic on the screen and have also read in one of the forums (I think even in connection with your name but I can't find the URL anymore...) which VPS providers have NetBSD on offer (even if they don't officially support it). The name Hetzner was mentioned there, and someone also wrote that they have provided the NetBSD-ISO for installation there on request. Since I already had a Hetzner account, I tried that right away. However, I can only find various Linuxes, FreeBSD and OpenBSD as well as the Microsoft collection in the rich offer of ISOs. How did you get NetBSD installed there?

Independently of that I once opened a ticket at Hetzner with the request to make a NetBSD 9.1 ISO generally available and permanently available. If I have an answer to this request, I will gladly give you an update here again.

Best regards
Matthias