Re: NetBSD-friendly HDD recovery?

On Mon, 23 Nov 2020 11:54:41 -0600
David Young <dyoung%pobox.com@localhost> wrote:

> I have some old Seagate-brand spinning rust with a NetBSD system on
> it.  The disk does not spin up, but I am pretty sure that the content is
> intact, and I would like to have it for a reasonable price.  Is there a
> service that's known to be NetBSD friendly?

ACE Data Recovery
https://www.datarecovery.net/

I had a FreeBSD ZFS filesystem that I thoroughly screwed up due to my own negligence. They wanted $1800 to recover it. They had to put another head and actuator in it to get anything at all. They were able to recover a lot of old stuff that I had old backups for, but couldn't recover the stuff from the last year when I had no backup. After a few months of trying they gave up and gave us the disk drive *and money* back.

I Highly recommend them.

--
Ted Spradley <tsprad%talent-free-studios.com@localhost>