Re: Tunneling in NetBSD

Rhialto <rhialto%falu.nl@localhost> writes:

> On Mon 16 Nov 2020 at 07:07:15 -0700, Andy Ruhl wrote:
>> How do clients use OpenVPN? Do you have to install it, and is it
>> widely available? My basic research suggests that most clients will
>> have to install it.
>
> And is there a way to make it so that only some programs use the VPN?
> Say, a single process, or a single user. Or perhaps a single instance of
> qemu, if that's more convenient to arrange.

I'm not aware of any such facility.

Basically, it's not really about VPN per se, but per-uid and per-pid
routing.  I think one could add feature to the routing table to ahve
uid/pid in routes and pass those tags into packets from sockets, but it
would require a bit of code.

Android seems to have this; you can definitely put some programs into a
VPN and some not.   At least when the VPN is Orbot.