Re: urtwn TP-LINK TL-WN725N supported version

mayuresh%acm.org@localhost (Mayuresh) writes:

>On NetBSD 9.1, for Raspberry Pi 2 and 3B I am looking to buy a USB Wifi
>adapter. Going through man 'urtwn' and 'run' and availability in the
>online shops I have shortlisted TP-LINK TL-WN725N.

>The man page says v2 is supported for above product. Looks like what is
>available for sale is v3. Could someone please confirm whether v3 would
>work? The product spec mentions Linux as supported OS - not sure how much
>to read into that.

The marketing name doesn't necessarily reveal what hardware it actually is.
So it is difficult to answer your question.

I found that

V1 = 0bda:8176 RTL8188CUS
V2 = 0bda:8179 RTL8188EU
V3 = 0bda:8179 RTL8188EUS

either should be recognized, but since V2 and V3 have the same ID, there
might still be a problem.

                                Michael van Elst
Internet: mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost