Re: NetBSD-9.1

Ottavio Caruso <ottavio2006-usenet2012%yahoo.com@localhost> writes:

> <Missing text cannibalised by top posting>
>
> On Mon, 26 Oct 2020 at 14:55, Pedro Pinho <pmppinho%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
>>
>> Yes, I know but, they shouldn't be there.
>
> Why not?
>
> It's extra information that doesn't hurt.

It does hurt; it's an incorrect warning about something that isn't a bad
thing to do, and it causes people to think they shoudl do something else
an search for what to do.

9.0 and 9.1 (and 9_STABLE) have the same ABI and packages built on one
work on the other.  Actually I think our amd64 packages are built on
9_STABLE and labeled 9.0 so the kernel has a threading fix necessary for
rust to run properly; see lang/rust for pointers if interesteed.