Re: altq filter acts before or after npf NAPT?

Rocky Hotas <rockyhotas%firemail.cc@localhost> writes:

> Consider a NetBSD 9.0 (release) system using both npf and altqd. This
> machine has two NICs and it is a gateway. First NIC is connected to a
> LAN, with multiple hosts, and second NIC is connected to the modem.
> With npf, the following is applied:

You should  be aware that not that many people use altq.  (I used to use
it heavily, even adding new queueing disciplines, but that was a very
long time ago.)

So my advice is:

  don't assume that others know the answers

  read the source code

I don't mean to discourage you from asking - that's 100% fine.  It's
just that I expect that if you want to do what you are describing (which
seems entirely reasonable), I think you will end up digging in to the
code yourself.