Re: Raspberry Pi, swapping cards.

Hi Greg,

Many thanks for your response.

>   swap the power supplies as well.  It is possible that one is weak, and
>   that NetBSD stresses it more than the other thing you are running.  I
>   don't think this is super likely, but it's easy.

This hit the nail on the head.  Two Raspberry Pi's and three power
supplies.  Devuan Linux boots and runs fine on both cards and all three
power supplies.  NetBSD boots fine on one card in all three supplies, it
only boots on one PSU using the other card.  It looks as if I have some
tired power supplies mating up with a slightly low tolerance Raspberry Pi.
Now I'm aware of the problem, I can live with it.  I'd seen reports of
making sure you had good spec PSU's but didn't make the connection in
this case (they are all pretty much 'official' PSU's - supplied by RS
components in the UK).

The Pi does seem to feel hotter to the touch with NetBSD on it than it
does with Devuan so maybe it is drawing a bit more current from the PSU.
I'll be doing some side by side tests in the next few days to learn a
bit more.

Regards,

lists/netbsd/users/gtd-2020-10-20.tx                   gdt%lexort.com@localhost
| Dave Restall, Computer Anorak, Geek, Cyclist, Radio Amateur G4FCU, Bodger  |
| Mob +44 (0) 7973 831245      Skype: dave.restall             Radio: G4FCU  |
| email : dave%restall.net@localhost  - Anti-SocialMediaist -  Web : Not Ready Yet :-( |
| The qotc (quote of the con) was Liz's:                                     |
|     "My brain is paged out to my liver."                                   |