Re: Use of disklabel, MBR and GPT

On ott 16 12:52, Greg Troxel wrote:
> > Obviously, disklabel creates custom partitions only in the portion of
> > the disk which is related to NetBSD, the only one where it is intended

[...]

> This isn't really true.  While the installer might only create
> partitions within the NetBSD MBR partition, it is entirely feasible and
> reasonable to create a disklable partition that refers to some other MBR
> partition.

Yes, this is the same as observed by Robert Elz. As he stated, I should
have written "disklabel should create", "is intended to create", as in
fact I write below, speaking about MBR for the same problem.

> This is the default on RPI, where you have (skipping uninteresting lines)

[...]

Oh, it's a really concrete example about how diskalbel can act on disk
areas other than the NetBSD MBR primary partition. Yes, maybe it should
be discouraged to avoid confusion, but it has been a necessary
clarification.
Thanks!

Rocky