Re: Configure NetBSD as a gateway for LAN hosts

On ott 12 14:55, Jason Mitchell wrote:

> You have a choice between routing and bridging.

[...]

> b) Do NAT/PAT so that the modem only sees traffic coming from the NIC
> 2 network

In case of routing, I would prefer this solution, because I would like
the modem only sees traffic coming from the NIC 2 network. The
netbsd_gateway should completely manage the traffic.

> I'm also assuming that the modem is a router and NAT device as well. If
> it's not, then you need to do b).

Yes, it is, even if choosing b) maybe doesn't require this.

> I think NAT/PAT is easier anyway and I think routing is easier to
> troubleshoot.

This is good news!

> But bridging would be simpler to set up.

You only mentioned bridging: how would it be accomplished?

> HTH,

It does!! Thanks :)

Rocky