/var/run mechanics

Greetings,

We had recent power outage and noticed a problem about
/var/run - few daemons could not start because there
were no directories in /var/run. Like there is
/var/run/named and there is no /var/run/opendkim, so
opendkim will not run and i have to create manually.

The only difference between present and non-present
directories in /var/run seem the owner of non-present
directories should be LDAP user (via nss_ldap),
which apparently was unavailable at boot time when all
the infrastructure was broken.

I am not sure why /var/run have to be rebuilt upon every
system start. If I am right - there is a problem of
directories not created for yet non-available users.

What could be done to avoid /var/run destruction or
other way to avoid problems daemons.

I can put something like "[[ ! -d /var/run/dir ]]
&& mkdir ..." in rc(8) prestart section but it seems
to be ugly solution.

--
Sincerely yours,
Dima Veselov