Re: I finally bricked my NetBSD system

On Thu, 16 Jul 2020, Greg Troxel wrote:

What I would do is

export EDITOR=ed
export VISUAL=ed

Perhaps also "export TERM=cons25" would help.

I think that last one was the one that got me past having to learn a bit of ed for the first time in probably thirty years. vipw worked fine once it had a TERM.

The install cd/chroot suggestion is wise, btw.

Didn't see that one.

AS USUAL, thank you People of Planet NetBSD! May the Schwarz be with you!

--
 A test of right and wrong must be the means, one would
 think, of ascertaining what is right or wrong, and not a

                               J. S. Mill