Re: Working ZFS RAID/SAS controller support/mpii

On Wed, 15 Jul 2020 08:59:00 -0400
Jason Mitchell <jmitchel%bigjar.com@localhost> wrote:

> There's also a FreeBSD version of the utility:
>
> https://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=mfiutil&sektion=8
>
> I'd think the FreeBSD version of the utility would work better given
> that FreeBSD and NetBSD are similar.

You would still need emulation FreeBSD packages installed, same as
Linux. It has been a very long time since I tried anything like this on
NetBSD, so not sure which emulation is better.

I don't understand why manufactures can't provide binary tools for all
major OSes, there aren't that many and it's mostly x86. Especially
if the tools are to manage RAID cards, etc.