Re: So it seems "umount -f /nfs/mount" still doesn't work.....

At Tue, 30 Jun 2020 14:28:38 -0700, "Greg A. Woods" <woods%planix.ca@localhost> wrote:
Subject: Re: So it seems "umount -f /nfs/mount" still doesn't work.....

> At Tue, 30 Jun 2020 12:52:37 -0700, "Greg A. Woods" <woods%planix.com@localhost> wrote:
> Subject: So it seems "umount -f /nfs/mount" still doesn't work.....

So, I should have mentioned that "umount -f nfs.server:/remotefs" does
work (i.e. it does not hang waiting for the server to reconnect, and
provided that there are no processes with cwd or open files on the
remote filesystem, it can unmount the filesystem).

I.e. the problem is in how umount(8) looks up the parameters of the
mount point.  If it looks at the mount point it hangs, but if it looks
through the mount table, it works.

Kelowna, BC     +1 250 762-7675           RoboHack <woods%robohack.ca@localhost>