Re: dk for z/lvm volumes?

Michael van Elst wrote:
On Mon, Jun 29, 2020 at 07:08:40PM +0300, Staffan Thomén wrote:
Chavdar Ivanov wrote:
# ccdconfig -c ccd0 0 /dev/zvol/dsk/internal1/photos@backup
You are mapping a snapshot, it will be r/o.

You have to promote it first.
While it's true that the snapshot is r/o, surely it shouldn't crash the system.

Surely not. I'll have a look at the ccd driver.

And is there a reason why ccd would require r/w?

Neither the infrastructure to access such layered disk devices, nor
the drivers themselves handle read-only components. The drivers
are ccd, cgd and raidframe.

Doesn't look that difficult to implement for ccd and cgd, not so sure
about raidframe.

Thank you for your efforts, if we get this stable it'll be pretty massively useful to me

Staffan