Re: cvs better than git?

Hi,

On 6/17/20 10:48 PM, Sad Clouds wrote:
Over the years, I worked on different projects and even though I work
for the same company, we keep switching from one VCS to another.

First we used Subversion, which was OK.

it is not perfect, it has bugs, but it is "ok", exactly...

git has some added power, but it is overly complicated, but has some nice things too. It would be nice to have a new tool, with the simplcity of CVS/SVN but some of the speed and features of GIT (not the other way around, were you try to wrap GIT with some glitter).

Also, both SVN and GIT improved over time, SVN is not the one of 15 years ago, luckily, but some things were grafted on, of course.

"git switch" for example, is a nice addition, incredible it took so many years to arrive.

Riccardo