Re: How do I mount existing usb drives?

- wrote:
> Bit of a newb question, but I'm trying to mount my brother's usb drive on
> my system I have figured out what the device name and format is but when I
> go to mount it says something about drive not configured, how would I fix
> that without reformatting the drive?

I use a number of usb devices extensively and I see the "not
configured" message when there are connection problems with the
usb device and the contacts need to be cleaned as well as certain
exfat 128G sd cards which are formatted by a windows box as a subset
of ntfs. Those need to be reformatted, which might pose problems
with some devices. I have also seen problems with some usb hubs
that result in this.