Re: Securing DNS traffic

aaron%zadzmo.org@localhost ("Aaron B.") writes:

>This isn't really a thing where I live. The ISP's here routinely return
>A records to a scammy "search engine" instead of NXDOMAIN.

Yes, that was very popular here. But, also for legal reasons, the
providers only manipulated the answers of their own DNS resolver.
They wouldn't actively intercept DNS queries a customer sent to the
world, so running your own little resolver was sufficient to bypass
their manipulations. YMMV.

                                Michael van Elst
Internet: mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost