Re: NetBSD Jails

On Thu, 21 May 2020 11:43:18 -0000 (UTC)
mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost (Michael van Elst) wrote:

> netbsd%precedence.co.uk@localhost (Stephen Borrill) writes:
>
> >RBAC using kauth was demonstrated in a talk by Alistair Crooks at
> >EuroBSDCon 2009. Unfortunately, any slides/recordings seem to have
> >been expunged from the UKUUG website
>
> >https://www.ukuug.org/events/eurobsdcon2009/history/
>
> https://web.archive.org/web/20091229053351/http://www.ukuug.org/events/eurobsdcon2009/papers/role-based-access-control.pdf

Yes I've seen this paper, there are also other papers that talk about
a proof-of-concept implementation of "secure sandboxes" with kauth:

https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/db35/dffa143308ec31eb92b1a37bcdfc56f0d37b.pdf
https://2008.asiabsdcon.org/papers/P3A-paper.pdf

The way I understand it - NetBSD has the kernel framework for
implementing RBAC, but there is still work that needs to be done for
implementing specific security models, which could be used by system
administrators.