Re: NetBSD Jails

Am 16.05.2020 um 00:23 schrieb Greg A. Woods <woods%planix.com@localhost>:

> I'm curious about what this means to you -- what do you need/want in
> addition to the chroot environments you now have?
at least dedicated „networking“ / network isolation, but ideally ressource „isolation“ / system limits etc., i.e. similiar to FreeBSD jails since decades.

More and more applications today are developed with „containerization“ in mind regarding security etc.. - not only in multi instance / user / customer setups.

So i assume too jails / containers will getting even more attention again as feature (and i would use them too).

niels.

—
Niels Dettenbach
https://www.syndicat.com