Re: NetBSD install experiences

On Mon, May 11, 2020 at 09:55:28AM -0700, Salil Wadnerkar wrote:
> 1. I had OpenBSD and NetBSD installed on it (NetBSD, because I wanted to
> dual boot, but I could not get the dual boot working. So, I decided to just
> go with NetBSD). NetBSD installer mounted these partitions (or slices in
> BSD world I guess), and therefore, when I asked it to erase everything, it
> could not. So, I dropped into shell, and unmounted these partitions
> manually, and ran the installer again. But, it again segfaulted.

Sorry, I don't understand what you did - the terms are confusing, so we
need to get the description straight.

What do you mean with "NetBSD installer mounted these partitions" ?
It certainly will not use the mount command on any partitions before the
partitioning stage is done.

How did you ask it to "to erase everything"?

Sorry if this sounds like nitpicking, but espacially installation is tricky
to reproduce, as all target environments differ vastly.

Additional standard hint: don't user 9.0, but the improved 9.0 STABLE
from : https://nycdn.NetBSD.org/pub/NetBSD-daily/netbsd-9/latest/

Martin