Re: Of /var/db/entropy-file and booting kernels

>> On May 7, 2020, at 4:26 AM, Martin Husemann <martin%duskware.de@localhost> wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, May 06, 2020 at 05:55:08PM -0400, Eric S. Hvozda wrote:
>> It is know what installing boot blocks on the devices to supporting a
>> raid set with GPT is useless (i.e. does not work due to lack of
>> support)
>
> Missing context here. What machine are you trying to boot and what NetBSD
> version?

Whoops!

My bad.  An earlier draft of my post included it, but apparently didn’t make the final post:

amd64 v9.9.56

> On amd64: with EFI booting from GPT raid sets works for me
> (unfortunately not with biosboot, though this should be fixable).

Of course, par for the course, I need biosboot.

My target host is a Dell PE830, to the best of my knowledge it does not speak UEFI.

With the prior posts on this topic, I was able to a functional host and using the PR added a mount of my boot partition and added random_file= with the proper path to rc.conf.

I’ll have to model the UEFI setup on VMWare Fusion so I’ll be ready for it when the customer “upgrades” (the PE830 dates to 2005).

Do you still need to handcraft the partitioning as suggested in https://wiki.netbsd.org/users/spz/moderndisk/ or does sysinst do the correct things as of v9.0?