Re: sysctl.conf not read at boot time

Hello,

On Thu, Apr 30, 2020 at 05:37:18PM +0200, Ede Wolf wrote:

> So f.e. I've added:
>
> net.inet6.ip6.forwarding=1
> to /etc/sysctl.conf
>
> But this does not get respected. [...] What am I missing?

That variable is set by /etc/rc.d/networking depending on the value of
the rc.conf variable ip6mode. You need "router" to enable forwarding, else
it's disabled.

So what happens is that /etc/rc.d/sysctl enables v6 routing for you, then
/etc/rc.d/networking disables it again.

For a test whether rc.d/sysctl runs I'd suggest something mostly harmless
like hw.acpi.acpiout0.brightness=75

Regards
	-is