Re: DNSSEC vs netbsd-8/sparc?

On Tue, 21 Apr 2020 09:47:45 +0200 (CEST)
Havard Eidnes <he%NetBSD.org@localhost> wrote:

> So now I'm a bit confused where this error comes from.  Its root
> cause does not seem to be the in-tree compiler (the "standalone"
> BIND releases I've built are built with "-g -O2"), and it's not
> the original BIND code either by the looks of it, as this is the
> same code which is in netbsd-8.

I don't fully understand DNSSEC and how the hash is generated, but
could it be due to bit rot, i.e. when you created install image, some
bytes of code/data somewhere could have been corrupted. Maybe even
source files are corrupted somewhere when you downloaded them? Have you
tried fresh checkout and rebuilding the same code again, and if yes, do
you reliably get the same hash mismatch?