Re: SMTP servers receiving from gmail

At Thu, 16 Apr 2020 09:14:30 +0200, ignatios%cs.uni-bonn.de@localhost wrote:
Subject: Re: SMTP servers receiving from gmail

> On Wed, Apr 15, 2020 at 10:55:25PM +0200, Rhialto wrote:
> [Google "Mail"]
>
> > They demand DKIM or similar configurations, which I refuse to use,
> > because its a lot of work to configure, and it often doesn't even work
> > with mail forwarding.
>
> It might help to have a PTR record for the smtp clients' outgoing address;

I doubt they demand either.

I can send from my server to gmail without problem or delay, and I
currently have neither a PTR, nor an SPF record (which are stupid), nor
does my mailer do anything special to create DKIM headers, etc.

Vice versa I can also send from my gmail account to my server A-OK.

Kelowna, BC     +1 250 762-7675           RoboHack <woods%robohack.ca@localhost>