NetBeans Unexpected error: the trustAnchors parameter must be non-empty

 Hello;
    I was able to run and compile a simple hello world java code with Apache NetBeans 11.3 (latest one yet) with native NetBSD OpenJDK 11 package (no emulation layer).
but running a maven app which needed to get the dependencies from the internet halted with this error:

"Could not transfer artifact com.sun.activation:jakarta.activation:pom:1.2.2 from/to spring-milestones (https://repo.spring.io/milestone): Unexpected error: java.security.InvalidAlgorithmParameterException: the trustAnchors parameter must be non-empty".

    upon more examination I found that it is an SSL cetificate error and in ubuntu for example they install a package called java-cet to remove the issue.
but I installed mozila-root-cert from ports and it didn't help.

Could you suggest what we should do?

Thank You;
J.B