Re: NetBSD 9.0 vs 8.0 network slow

On Tue, Mar 03, 2020 at 10:07:00AM +0100, Martin Husemann wrote:

> > Would be nice if someone can point me out what and
> > where I may debug to find the cause.
>
> There are multiple possibilities, could you please double check the
> ifconfig output on both -8 and -9 and verify that the negotiated media types
> are identical? Same for offload features?

The only difference:

ec_enabled=2<VLAN_HWTAGGING> on 9.0
ec_enabled=3<VLAN_MTU,VLAN_HWTAGGING> on 8.1

full output:

bge0: flags=0x8843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
        capabilities=3f80<TSO4,IP4CSUM_Rx,IP4CSUM_Tx,TCP4CSUM_Rx,TCP4CSUM_Tx>
        capabilities=3f80<UDP4CSUM_Rx,UDP4CSUM_Tx>
        enabled=0
        ec_capabilities=7<VLAN_MTU,VLAN_HWTAGGING,JUMBO_MTU>
        ec_enabled=2<VLAN_HWTAGGING>
        address: 20:47:47:87:3f:20
        media: Ethernet autoselect (1000baseT full-duplex)
        status: active

I think VLAN_MTU is irrelevant and enabled on 8.1 because of using VLANs.

> Another possible issue is a switch from single interrupt to multiple msi
> (and bugs in that area). If you check your -8 and -9 dmesg you should see
> details printed about interrupts routed to the bge interfaces (not sure
> if you need to boot -v for that nowadays).

There is no any difference except 8.1 find pic msi1 but 9.0 find pic msix1 here:

[     1.033124] allocated pic msix1 type edge pin 0 level 6 to cpu0 slot 17 idt entry 99

all other information is letter for letter. In a case of missing something
I've placed all output here: http://kab00m.ru/temp/almaz.tgz

--
Sincerely yours,
Dima Veselov