Re: cdrecord, no scsi, netbsd 9

Manuel Bouyer <bouyer%antioche.eu.org@localhost> writes:

> On Thu, Apr 02, 2020 at 09:54:21AM +0200, Pierre Dupond wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>      I have installed cdrecord from the precompiled packages.
>> The machine is running Netbsd 9, minimal installation.
>>
>> When I try to detect an external USB 2.0 dvd burner it is not recognised
>> with a message indicating that the SCSI driver can not be used.
>>
>> Should I do something specific (to load a specific module or
>> to recompile a kernel) to use SCSI layer?
>
> Did you try cdrecord dev=/dev/rcd0d ?
> What does dmesg show about the CD drive ?

Ya, that is all you should have to do assuming that the CD shows up on
boot or is hot plugged in later on a USB port.  It will be /dev/cd0* or
/dev/rcd0* if it is the first such device.  I would not use the cdrecord
-scanbus option on NetBSD as I suspect it won't really do the right
thing.  Just point at a known /dev/ node and you should be good.

--
Brad Spencer - brad%anduin.eldar.org@localhost - KC8VKS - http://anduin.eldar.org