Re: default search path for shared libraries

Jeffrey Walton <noloader%gmail.com@localhost> writes:

> Something looks off with NetBSD. It is the only platform I have problems with:
>
> gcc   -g2 -O2 -fPIC -pthread  -L/opt/local/lib -Wl,-R,/../lib -Wl,-R,/opt/local/
> lib -Wl,--enable-new-dtags -o src/bison src/bison-AnnotationList.o src/bison-Ina
> dequacyList.o src/bison-Sbitset.o src/bison-assoc.o src/bison-closure.o src/biso

Using -Wl,-R,/../lib seems off.

Keep in mind that libintl is the kind of thing that tends to be in more
than one place, due to being in base systems and then needing
upgrading.  So you should be careful that -L/-R for the new place is
before the system place.

objdump on the library will provide some hints.