Re: Hundreds of crypto file descriptors for Apache httpd

Michael van Elst wrote:

>> frank%phoenix.owl.de@localhost (Frank Wille) writes:
>> [...]
>> Were do they come from? Is that some kind of leak? What can I do (besides
>> restarting Apache or the whole server)?
>
> Something is using /dev/crypto. openssl would do that, but only if
> you configure it.

Yes, our web-server is also listening on port 443 for several virtual hosts,
so SSL is configured.

But is it normal to create more than 200 crypto file descriptors for each
httpd process? Then I would have to recompile PHP with a larger FD_SETSIZE,
as it seems?

--
Frank Wille