Re: Linux-Netbsd huge difference of speed, same hardware

76nemo76%gmx.ch@localhost (Pierre Dupond) writes:

>This is to initialise a cgd partition with random data. One can use the
>Netbsd way (by using "dd if=/dev/zero" on a cgd device with a random
>key) but since I have initialised firstly the partition (mbr, not BSD)
>on Linux I want to compare the same method on both systems.

The speed of the random number generator can be significantly different
and might be CPU limited. To be sure that you use the same method here,
it's probably better to use a userland program (e.g. same versions of
openssl rand) to generate the input.

                                Michael van Elst
Internet: mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost