Re: Avoid wedges from certain devices

02.03.2020 16:40, Michael van Elst пишет:
That was what I had looking for. But now there is new problem - root
detection. After finding correct wedges it want to boot from wd0b.

The kernel tries to locate the bootsector, but since it detects the
components first, this is used.

If I understand properly - I can't supply root option via boot.cfg,
so I am trying to compile new kernel with:

While the bootloader could pass a literal boot device, this is only
done by multiboot (e.g. grub), not by the regular /boot.

wiki says Xen kernels can take root= parameter, why other
kernels may not? Does it mean xen load kernels in multiboot
way or NetBSD xen kernels have this ability?

include "arch/amd64/conf/GENERIC"
no config netbsd root
config      netbsd  root on dk1 type ?

Instead of specifying dk1, you can use a quoted string like

"wedge:name-of-my-root-wedge"

Yes, it works! Once again you saved my production!

Thank you.

--
Dima Veselov
Physics R&D Establishment of Saint-Petersburg University