Re: ZFS Howto first cut

Hello,

On Sun, 01 Mar 2020 11:32:46 -0500
Greg Troxel <gdt%lexort.com@localhost> wrote:

> http://wiki.netbsd.org/zfs/
>
> This is really rough, and I freely admit that I don't understand all the
> details.  Part of the point was to understand things better for myself,
> and part of it is to provoke others into saying what's wrong with it :-)
>
> Please feel free to email me or reply on-list with suggestions, fixes,
> or things that ought to be explained that aren't.  (And feel free to
> just fix it, for those that can write.  I'm at a stopping point.)

Something to be addressed would be nfs sharing. Apparently zfs has its
own code for that ( see zfs sharenfs ... ) - it's quite unclear ( to me
at least ) how that interacts with netbsd's own nfs server code. As in,
can I zfs sharenfs a zfs filesystem and still share a bunch of others
via /etc/exports?
I guess I'll do some experiments on that.

have fun
Michael