Re: ZFS howto?

On Sat, 29 Feb 2020 19:15:38 -0500
Greg Troxel <gdt%lexort.com@localhost> wrote:

> I realize there are man pages, but it seems we could use a ZFS page in
> the wiki to orient people and answer some questions.  Before I create
> one (with mostly a bunch of things marked as needing explanations),
> does anybody want to tell me there is something like this already, or
> that I shouldn't?

There is a lot of stuff on the Internet and FreeBSD handbook. What
NetBSD is missing is how to tune it for old and low memory systems, see
the following https://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/zfs-advanced.html

Also, not clear if NetBSD ZFS supports TRIM for SSDs, and if yes how to
enable or disable it. Are there any sysctl variables I can set (I looked
but didn't find any), or any other method of configuring such ZFS
options.