Re: Finding parameters of existing ext2fs partition

from Edgar Pettijohn:

> My manual claims that -O 1 is the default at least for:

> NetBSD laptop 9.0 NetBSD 9.0 (GENERIC) #0: Fri Feb 14 00:06:28 UTC 2020
> mkrepro%mkrepro.NetBSD.org@localhost:/usr/src/sys/arch/amd64/compile/GENERIC amd64

Rest of your message would not copy-and-paste without a big mess.  A lot of \xc2\xa0 ...

I am on an old NetBSD 7.99.1 amd64 because NetBSD 8.99.51 is subject to hard-drive crash.

Mouse does not work, I use surrogate mouse through xkbset mousekeys.  Mouse OK in other OS installations.

Also, X only starts from root user.  Only fix is to use newer NetBSD version.

On 7.99.1, newfs_ext2fs -O 0 is default according to man page, but 1 is default on 8.99.51.

My problem from NetBSD, but not FreeBSD, is writing to an ext2fs partition, especially a big write such as I might get with "git pull".

I could try, as an experiment, to run newfs_ext2fs -O 0 on a spare partition and do a "git clone" test.

But if I want to produce (cross-compile) and install a Linux system, I need to think what is best for Linux operability.

Tom