Re: NetBSD 9.0 & MBR, X, etc

On Wed, Feb 19, 2020 at 11:48:05PM +0000, Clay Daniels wrote:
> I have found that the only way it works for me is to use MBR. not GPT.
> Anyone have any luck with a GPT installation?

I had ;-)

Especially if you install to a scratch/blank disk there is nothing special
about it anymore (see the screenshots at the beginning of
http://wiki.netbsd.org/Installation_on_UEFI_systems/).

If you do not boot via UEFI, the same applies, but the partitioning layout
will look slightly different (bootlblocks instead of UEFI boot partition).

If you already have GPT partitions for use by other OSes the installer
might get confused (e.g. by the need for multiple UEFI boot partitions),
this part has not been tested a lot so far.

Martin