setting keyboard map for xdm login

Hi All,

I'm not entirely sure if I'm doing it right but I usually set the keyboard (setxkbmap) in Xsetup (/etc/X11/xdm/Xsetup_0) instead of .xinitrc (or .xsession for xdm) so that it's set up already for the logon screen. However, I forgot it recently at a fresh NetBSD installation and tried to look up the info from the NetBSD docs but I haven't found it anywhere. Fortunately, it came into my mind when I read through the xdm man page as it mentions Xsetup in some other context:)

Provided that this practice is fine, is it worth mentioning in Chapter 9.3 of the NetBSD docs? If so, how can this change be triggered?

Best regards,
r0ller