Re: No HDMI output on Lenovo V145, NetBSD 8.0

    Date:        Tue, 10 Dec 2019 22:00:33 +0530
    From:        Mayuresh <mayuresh%acm.org@localhost>

  | So, I guess, what you are suggesting might be the case.

Not very likely,   More likely  with a very new laptop is that
it is a very new graphics set which our drivers simply don't support
yet.   And from what you said, linux doesn't either (or the X server
doesn't).

  | What would be the way out?

In the short term running a supported commercial OS might be the only choice
(those things tend to run virtualbox, in which you can run netbsd).

At least your graphics are radeon - that means that given some time
there's a reasonable chance that support will eventually appear.

This is one of the perils of obtaining state of the art laptops, not
expressly designed for open source systems.

But I would certainly try a -9 or HEAD kernel, just in case.  But given
what you said about linux I would not be very hopeful - you might want
to see if you can find bleeding edge linux and try that, if you can
work out how (none of the major distributions are likely to be distributing
this weeks development kernel though).   No idea whether even that would
help though.

kre