Re: No HDMI output on Lenovo V145, NetBSD 8.0

On Tue, Dec 10, 2019 at 08:50:10AM +0100, Hauke Fath wrote:
> <http://www.netbsd.org/releases/formal-9/NetBSD-9.0.html>. And if you don't
> want to upgrade your installation right away, you can always just install a
> kernel (plus kernel modules, these days, unless you go with a MONOLITHIC
> kernel), and boot that with -8 userland.

This is interesting. The inertia to not upgrade is due to a common package
repository I build and maintain across several devices, including a couple
of servers. I'll eventually upgrade with a stable release and as time
permits.

I'll give this option a try. Hope my -8 packages would also work after
replacing just the kernel.

Mayuresh