Re: Upgrading to current by compiling leads to failed boot

On 2019-12-07 15:38, Carolyn "Lynn" Knight-Serrano wrote:
Howdy! I'm trying to upgrade a NetBSD-9.0_RC1 install to current but I'm having a strange issue. I followed the documentation for compiling and upgrading netbsd to current exactly but when I try to boot, the bootloader says /netbsd and all the sets can't be found.

Carolyn "Lynn" Knight-Serrano [xe/xem/xyr/xemself]

🔐PGP Fingerprint: 0xf02b733b4382e451c8c2fff550858748146544cb

🕸Fediverse: @gigavinyl@catgirl.science

Which documentation? There unfortunantly is stuff spread everywhere. I personally would recommend downloading the install kernel and put the sets on a usb stick, and use sysinst to upgrade. It is much more user friendly, plus it doesn't take near as long.

Good luck.

Edgar