Re: Netbsd Zabbix 8.0 8.1

On 11/16, Martin Husemann wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 15, 2019 at 09:26:29PM +0100, freebsd%tango.lu@localhost wrote:
> > Just WTF? Same goes on with mytop and other not that common packages. Can't
> > you create a decent binary set for all your repos?
>
> The binary pkgs are perfectly fine, the question is if pkg_add should be
> less restrictive by default in this case (and opinions on that differ).

Regardless of the answer to that, the user experience is poor.  If a
user has installed NetBSD 8.1 and has configured PKG_PATH appropriately
for 8.1 packages, they shouldn't get warning messages, and the install
should succeed, not fail.  Same goes for pkgin.

If it means TNF has to rebuild all packages for 8.1, fine.  If it means
TNF copies and converts all 8.0 packages to 8.1 packages by changing
each package's metadata (I don't even know if this is possible), fine.
If it means the equivalent of CHECK_OSABI=no by default, fine.  IMO,
whatever the decided solution is, the user experience should not include
warning messages when the user is doing everything correctly.

Lewis